INFORMATION ABOUT ELECTIVE COURSES
1. HSS Elective – Humanities Social Science Elective
At least 3 credits social science courses and all foreign language courses can be taken.
- PSY, SOC, HIST, HUM, PHIL, EC, AD, ED courses can be taken.
- FA and STS courses can be taken after the first year.
- Students with an acceptable TOEFL score or with at least BB grade from the proficiency exam can not take AE111 and AE112. Other AE courses may be taken.
- Graduates of French/German/Italian high schools, can take only advanced level of FR / GER / ITA courses.
2. Departmental Elective
These are non-obligatory chemistry department courses.
( Chem 261 and Chem 498 can not be taken as departmental elective.)
Students can choose ONLY one of the following courses as departmental elective:
- CHEM 473, CHEM 474, CHEM 475
3. Complementary Elective
There are science courses other than chemistry.
MATH, PHYS, BIO, ESC, BM or engineering courses,
STS 301 – STS 302, CHEM 498 can be chosen as elective.
4. Computer Elective
CHEM 261, PHYS 290, ENG 101, CMPE 150, AD 150 courses can be taken.
5. Unrestricted Elective
These should be at least 3 credit courses and do not have other restrictions.
Students having F / DD / DC for an elective course are not obliged to repeat the same course. These courses can be repeated (R) by another elective course.